I don’t know about you but I’m usually a mess the day of a race and find that setting things up before hand makes the morning run a bit smoother, even though it never takes away ALL the nervousness.
Here’s a checklist of things to prepare prior to the big day.
- Your race package, which will contain your timing device- this year it is a D-Tag that attaches to your shoe. * Note for the Whistler racers: Packages are available from noon til 10pm on Friday at the Crystal Lodge. If you want to pick up your package ON THE DAY of the race, between 6 am and 6:45, you must use the form on the website to submit your details. Check out the “event details” section.
- Some means of fixing your race number to the clothes you will be wearing
- the food you want (and have become familiar with eating) during the run
- sunglasses and a hat if the forecast looks good!
- a light jacket if it’s not so good
- Watch or heart rate monitor. ** Running room has bracelets with “splits” on it if you want to keep on a certain pace, the low-tech way
- your runners!!!
- clothes for after the race
- the race starts at 7:30 am so maybe something to wear until the last minute, to hand off to family or friends just before the race starts
- ** a backpack with your post race clothes and for your warm up gear- Whistler is not supplying plastic bags but will have a bag check
Have I forgotten anything? Help complete this list by posting in the comments section!